In the U.S., as many as 50% of 64 million postmenopausal women are suffering from changes in their gynecological health. For many women, experiencing menopause or recovering from cancer causes a significant decrease in quality of life.
Many women experience symptoms such as vaginal dryness, painful sexual intercourse, vaginal burning, and vaginal itching. Many treatments are invasive. Sometimes, it’s just difficult for patients to find a solution to these problems with their doctors. Only 25% percent of these millions of women seek medical assistance for their symptoms.
The MonaLisa Touch
The Mona Lisa Touch is a groundbreaking laser treatment. It is a simple, pain-free, hormone-free procedure that allows for functional restoration of the vagina. This is known in the gynecological field as Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation. Dr. Peter McIlveen describes the Mona Lisa Touch as “the most exciting gynecologic innovation in decades.”
This treatment uses laser technology to deliver energy to the vaginal wall lining, causing production of collagen and new blood vessels. It can significantly change women’s lives. Symptomatic relief occurs after just one treatment.
Who’s it for?
- Patients suffering from vaginal dryness, vaginal laxity, painful intercourse, vaginal itching, vaginal burning or painful urination.
- It is safe for women with breast cancer
- Patients seeking a hormone free alternative
How does it work?
- The MonaLisa Touch uses SmartXide2 fractional C02 laser therapy to generate new collagen, elastin, and vascularization
- It is an in-office procedure that takes just about 5 minutes
- The procedure calls for three treatments over an 18-week period, but patients report improvement after the first treatment
The MonaLisa Touch is a game-changer in gynecology by offering patients a solution to otherwise frustrating vaginal health problems. As Dr. Mickey Karram says, the Mona Lisa Touch is a game-changer because it fulfills a huge void for women. Every woman deserves personalized, compassionate care. MonaLisa Touch addresses the often overlooked needs of women at various stages in their lives with a simple procedure.
Dr. Peter McIlveen himself has seen how “the procedure is life changing for women.” Thousands of patients have been treated since 2012, and Dr. Peter McIlveen and Total Woman Care hope to increase that number by being the first in the Winston-Salem, NC area to provide MonaLisa Touch therapy. For more information, please read about MonaLisa Touch at the website for Dr. Peter McIlveen’s practice, totalwomancare.net.